Ryan Hall is an amazing athlete. In his book, Run the Mile You're In, he is honest and humble. I related to many of the battles he shared and I was motivated by his purpose driven life.
p. 22 Passion that comes from our own drive is so much more powerful than passion derived from another person's dreams.
p. 30 It was in this loneliness that my faith went from a belief in God to a relationship with him.
The way to enter my God-given destiny is through the door of focus, which can be opened only with the key of sacrifice.
Pursue your goals with everything you have.
I shifted my focus from performance goals that I couldn't control to heart goals that I could control and live out every practice, every race, every day.
Heart goals: Peace. Joy. Loving others. Contentment. Worshipping God.
Setting heart goals as my main goals liberated my physical goals and allowed me a greater chance to realize them.
"I am" statements from the Bible. Who does God say you are?
Perhaps the most performance-enhancing thing I can do for my kids is to elevate how they see themselves.
We overcome pain by finding joy.
I will follow. Or just "Follow Me!" This really hit me hard. It doesn't matter what is happening in anyone else's life, Jesus says, "Follow me!" Forget about everything else and fix your eyes me.
No comments:
Post a Comment