Let's just say it has not been going well. Am I meeting my goal of being 50% better? Sort of. I was doing so well during the week, and then last Thursday was dine to donate at the Kitchen. I had fish tacos and margaritas following a tough leg workout. Then came Friday and more of the same after work. Saturday I was up early to drive Campbell to Proctor for a race. I walked 6 miles throughout the day. Food was not good. 1/2 Reuban, feta and spinach calzone and about 7 glasses of wine. Oh well. Sunday was really too much. Martinis with hummus, veggies, cheese, potato chips and just crap.
Part of the blame goes to weighing myself on Friday morning. I was right back to 136. What the heck? Although if I think back to marathon training I would always go up after a race then balance out after the water retention went away. However, this just made me feel like I am doing all this work for nothing. Well it is not nothing to have accumulated many sober days and reduced my alcohol intake. Those are great. I have also been more committed at the gym and walking. All of these are good. It has only been 21 days and I have done better than the previous 21 days. The weekends just kill me. I have to get busy.
Coming up.
Track next week maybe 2 indoor practices where I can teach running form, etc Easter is Sunday and vacation is just 3 weeks away. I keep talking about a marathon but then I do not follow through. I am mad at myself for this. It is getting tight trying to get a marathon in this spring. There is the Granite State Marathon and Half May 9 but that is only 5 weeks away.
May 9 Nashua-it is a loop so I can decide whether to do the half or the full. or 3/4. It could just be a long run day. hmm gotta think about this.
I just can't pay $100 for a half marathon. I will have to create a course and do it myself. It would be fun to go to Portsmouth and Tucker could ride his bike while I run Wallis Sands or a similar course.
I guess I have to get my mind right and get back on track.
No comments:
Post a Comment